DEFEND Privacy Statement
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information required to deliver our services, which may include information about your:
- Contact Details,
- Billing information,
- Records of interactions,
- Connection information,
- Statistics on page views and access to our services.
We will use and disclose personal information only for the purpose (the “primary purpose”) for which it is provided to us which may include:
- Provision of any requested services or fulfilment of any specific requests;
- To respond to any query or complaint or otherwise provide support;
- For internal administration and operational purposes such as preventing fraud and abuse of our systems and to troubleshoot bugs;
- To operate, protect, improve and optimise our services and our business such as to perform analytics, conduct research, evaluation and development and quality control purposes and for advertising and marketing;
- To track usage of our services;
- To provide feedback to our business partners;
- To enhance the security of our services, and/or
- To consider employment or contractual engagement applications.
We will not use or disclose personal information for any secondary purpose, unless we have gained consent to that use or disclosure; or individuals would reasonably expect the use or disclosure in the circumstances, and that secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information. Except as set out in this Privacy Statement (or as required for by any statutory or legal requirements), we do not share, sell, rent or otherwise disclose personal information to third parties.
Cookies Internet Users
Links to other websites
Sharing of Personal Information
Besides our staff, under certain circumstances, we may share this information with:
- Our business partners, only to fulfilment any specific requests and with approved consent;
- Third party contractors engaged to perform functions or provide services relating to the purposes for which we collect personal information.
- Enforcement or regulatory authorities, within and outside of New Zealand if required by law.
Other than as detailed above, we will not share or otherwise disclose personal information to any other third parties without first seeking and obtaining consent.
Storage, Retention and Accuracy of your Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that we collect is safeguarded against loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised modification or other misuse, and to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of Personal Information.
When storing personal information, we will not assign a unique identifier to a person if that is not necessary.
Personal Information provided to us is stored in our secure systems with no access given to unauthorised users and is always encrypted in transit and in storage. However, access to personal information can be provided to the individuals requesting for access to their own personal information.
We cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to us via the internet in unencrypted form. We will take reasonable steps to secure information transmitted to us physically, such as hard copy files.
We will retain personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and individuals consent to such purposes remains valid after termination of our relationship with them.
Accuracy and Correction of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading, and any personal information that we use or disclose is up-to-date, complete, accurate and relevant. This means that stored personal information can be updated based on the request of the person or organisation directly related to that specific PI.
Reporting Suspected Privacy Incidents
If users suspect that there has been a breach of this policy, or there is a threat to our customers or DEFEND they should immediately report this directly to the Chief Privacy Officer (contact details under Privacy Contact section of this Statement).
Individuals have the right to view and change any personal information we hold about them at any time. They may request access to their personal information and may ask for a copy or correction of such information by contacting the Chief Privacy Officer for DEFEND.
Any request to access information will require that individual’s identity to be validated. DEFEND is considered a data controller in terms of GDPR and can be contacted as below.
Additionally, any concerns or queries regarding this policy should be reported to the Privacy Officer as follows:
- email@example.com, or
- 0800233336, or
- PO BOX 301 464, Albany, Auckland, New Zealand 0632 or
- E2, 17 Corinthian Drive, Albany, Auckland 0632